What is Membership at the
'Christian Family Church Colac Inc.' all about?
The Christian Family Church Colac is a local church, affiliated with the “CRC Churches International” (Formerly known as the “Christian Revival Crusade”).
The CRC is a group of “inter-dependent, autonomous Churches” (that are self governing and independent, yet accountable to each other).
For more information about the Church or the CRC please ask for a copy of our ‘CFC Visions Outworked’ brochure, a copy of our Constitution, or the CRC Charter.
To live and communicate the power of the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Philippians 1:27, Acts 5:42
A welcoming Church for all ages
To connect, grow, worship & encounter God together
Being cared for, as we learn to care for others
Believing the Holy Spirit will change individuals lives
...in this city, nation and world, for God’s glory
Are you willing to commit yourself...
- to PROTECT the unity of Christian Family Church by;
...Acting in love towards other members
...Praying for the leaders
...Working with the leaders
...Refusing to gossip
- to SHARE in its outreach and mission by;
...Praying for its growth
...Inviting the unchurched to attend
...Warmly welcoming those who visit
...Being a part of nurturing others
- to SERVE the church family by;
...Using your gifts and talents
...Submission to the Pastor & leaders
...Developing a servant’s heart
...Being involved in the life of the Church
- to SUPPORT the testimony of this church by;
...Living a godly life
...Sharing your faith
In applying for Membership in the ‘Christian Family Church Colac Inc.’ I sincerely submit that I;
1. Have received Jesus Christ as my personal Saviour and Lord in accordance with the Scriptures (John 1:12-13; John 3:3-8; Rom.10:9-10)
2. Have been baptised in water by immersion subsequent to my confession of faith in Jesus Christ. (Acts 2:38; Acts 8:36-37; Colossians 2:12)
3. Have been, or am seeking to be, baptised in the Holy Spirit (Acts 1:5-8; 2:1-4, 38-39; 10:44-47)
4. Undertake to accept and support the ministry & Oversight functioning within the Church, accepting both the privileges and areas of responsibility. (Acts 20:27-30; Hebrews 13:17)
5. Express willingness to regularly attend the services and to contribute to the financial support of the Church through tithes and offerings.
6. Do not hold membership in any other Church or Denomination.
7. Have attained the age of 18 years.
8. Undertake to accept the regulations and principles of fellowship as detailed in the Constitution of the Church and the Charter of the CRC Churches International.
I understand that:
...my application for Membership will be considered by the Oversight at their next meeting and I will be advised of their decision as soon as possible after that meeting.
Upon approval of my application for Membership, my name will be entered in the Register of Members of the Church and I will receive a Certificate of Membership.
Scriptural bases for these things...
“So then let us aim for harmony in the church & try to build each other up.”
Romans 14:19 NLT
“See to it that you really do love each other intensely with all your hearts.”
1 Peter 1:22b NLT
“Let everything you say be good & helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear you”
Ephesians 2:29 NLT
“Agreeing wholeheartedly with each other, loving one another, and working together with one heart and purpose.”
Philippians 2:2 NLT
“We always thank God for all of you and pray for you constantly.”
1 Thessalonians 1:2NLT
“Go into the country lanes and behind the hedges and urge anyone you find to come so the house will be full.”
Luke 15:7 NLT
“So accept each other just as Christ has accepted you; then God will be glorified”
Romans 15:7 NLT
“As each part does its own special work. It helps the other parts grow, so that the whole body is healthy and growing and full of love.”
Ephesians 4:16b NLT
“God has given gifts to each of you from His great variety of spiritual gifts. Manage them well so that Gods generosity can flow through you.”
1 Peter 4:10 NLT
“Obey your spiritual leaders and do what they say. Their work is to watch over your souls, & they know hey are accountable to God. Give them reason to do this joyfully & not with sorrow.”
Hebrews 13:17 NLT
“… serve one another in love.”
Galatians 5:13b NIV
“Never be lazy in your work, but serve the Lord enthusiastically.”
Romans 12:11 NLT
“And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage and warn each other… “
Hebrews 10:25 NLT
“Pursue a godly life, along with faith, love, perseverance and gentleness”
1 Timothy 6:11b NLT
“Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give ...”
2 Corinthians 9:7, 11 NLT
“….You will be my witness…”
Acts 1:8 NIV
“So do not be ashamed to testify about our Lord.”
2 Timothy 1:8 NIV